Thursday, March 4, 2010

With a friend like me, who needs enemies?

This is the fourth day of evaluation for S. He is doing very well and will be done with evaluation tomorrow. I have been fortunate lately. All of the rookies that I have recently evaluated have been exceptional. That makes my job easier.

After doing a few traffic stops we were dispatched to a major accident. We arrived to find only one vehicle with very minor (a scratch) damage. The other driver was returned to the scene. That driver went to jail for having 7 warrants. As we were waiting for S to take care of things, I was reminded of a funny story.

Awhile ago I checked by with B on a burglary of a motor vehicle in progress. The location was right next to the complex where B lives. We arrived and of course, the suspect was gone. As we were gathering information, two females exited an apartment to walk their dogs. B looked at them and then said to me, "I think that is Lindsey."

Ok, I'll bite. "Who is Lindsey?" B said that Lindsey was an ex- girlfriend. They were still walking and by this time were about 100 feet away from us. I asked B again what her name was. He told me. So, I turned as shouted "Lindsey". She quickly turned around. I looked at B and said, "Yup, it is Lindsey."

The two females returned and Lindsey was looking at us, not sure who had called her name. She was looking at B with a questioning look on her face. So, I came to the rescue again. I said, "Hey Lindsey, yes it is B." Needless to say, B was less than pleased with me. On the other hand, I was very proud of myself.

No comments: