Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A scare

I am sure most, if not all of you, know about Facebook. If not, FB for short, is a popular social network. Popular to the tune of over 200 million active users, of which over 100 million log in at least once a day. Unbelievable numbers. I have been an inactive member for sometime. Jen asked me to help her set up her FB page. For one reason or another, we did not get it set up until earlier this year. Once we got Jen signed up, the friends started rolling in. It seems that my wife is very well liked.

That brings us to last night. After I left for work, Jen was on FB checking out the status updates posted by her legions of friends. One post in particular, jumped out at her " HPD officer, on-duty has been shot". That scared her to death. Luckily, I had recently sent her a text message that she responded to checking on me. I was able to quickly reassure her that I was just fine and to provide a little information about the shooting. (Tragically, the officer died, please keep his family in your prayers.) Jen is remarkably calm and at ease with my job. However, those few words that she read shook her to the core. Understandably.

I may be the one that goes to work at night, but Jen makes it all possible. She takes care of us and asks for nothing in return. She is the glue and the backbone of our family. She bravely tells me "be careful" every time I leave for work. I am constantly amazed by her selfless love for me and our children.

Jen, you are the definition of a Godly, courageous, beautiful, and unselfish wife and mother. I am truly blessed to have found you. I love you.

No comments: