Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The week on patrol, June 6-10, 2011

This was a very short week for me on the streets. The only night I
worked was Tuesday. I needed to help Jen get things ready for our trip
to Disney World. We left on Friday. I did work my extra job on Tuesday
(filled in for A), Wednesday, and Thursday.

Tuesday night I was by myself. A and I were told there were not enough
units to ride together. Three officers called in on early side in one
district and we were already short handed because of officers off for
in-service training.

At the start of the shift, I checked by on a code 1 assault in
progress. I found the apartment complex quickly but it was like a maze
inside. Other officers arrived and it took us awhile to find the
correct apartment. We really need maps of the complexes on our
computers that come up when we are dispatched to an address. It should
not be that hard to implement and it would reduce our response time.
The door was answered by a young Asian female. She said that nothing
was going on and that everything was fine. Being trained investigators
:^) we noticed a broken phone on the floor and other signs of a
struggle. She explained that a "friend" that she has been getting
together (booty calls) with for two years broke the phone. We asked
why? She could not remember why. Then she remembered that they had
been looking at dresses online and he became enraged and freaked out.
No other explanation or reason was given. I guess he had a very
visceral and emotional response to a dress. The downstairs neighbor
had heard the commotion and knocked on the door. The Asian female
asked the neighbor to call the police. Then the male left. It was a
little strange.

Later I Checked by with A on a loud noise after she got on the air and
said that she had one male in custody. He was intoxicated and did not
know where he lived. He said that he worked for Radio Shack and lived
in a hotel. We used his phone to call a friend who came to pick him
up. Right after the friend arrived, the drunk guy started acting
stupid. He would not listen and started resisting. So, he got placed
nicely on the hood of the patrol car until he relaxed again. I am not
sure what else was in his system, but it was something other than
alcohol. He calmed down quickly and the sober friend willingly took
custody of him.

That concludes another week on patrol.

Posted via email from will7079's posterous

No comments: