Friday, August 7, 2009

Apologies for the extra emails

I started trying out a new web service today. It is called Posterous. It works like this, you email text, audio, video, or photos to Posterous and they post and host the various media for you. I have set up Posterous to automatically update my blog when I send anything in to Posterous. That is why the audio clip and video clip showed up in the blog today. I was trying out Posterous. It seems like it works just as advertised. After I finished my "Here is the rest of the story" blog post, I got a little impatient. I sent it to Posterous, and it appeared there immediately. I then checked the blog, and it did not show up. I waited awhile, checked again, and then sent it again to the blog. The post did not show up again. This time I copied and pasted the post into the blog itself. Then I checked the blog, the same post was there three times. I have the blog set up to email 10 people every time something in posted. So, 10 people received the same email 3 times. My apologies. I was impatient.

 So far, I am liking Posterous. It is very easy to share anything and everything. I like the flexibility to easily post photos and videos. I would encourage you all to check out Posterous. You can post to Posterous from anywhere that you send an email. It is a free service to this point with a paid service with premium features yet to come. You can find my Posterous site at http://will7079.posterous.com/.

Posted via email from SUMNER's posterous

No comments: