Sunday, August 2, 2009

Alone for a long weekend

Jen took the kids to Corpus Christi on Thursday to vist her grandmother, Nana. They plan to return on Monday afternoon. That means it is just me and the dog for 4 1/2 days. I am writing this early Sunday morning after 3 days of being a quasi-bachelor. Here are a few of my random thoughts so far.

I love not needing to make the bed until Monday morning. The fact is, I live with a beautiful, but compulsive bed maker. Knowing that I have yet to make the bed will not make her happy. Relax honey, it will be made for your arrival back home.

I do not eat very well when on my own. So far, I have eaten dinner twice by myself. I had an ice cream bar for one and a bowl of cereal followed by Oreos for the other dinner. Lazy sums up those choices.

The house is VERY quiet without the kids running around. I sure do miss the noise.

I have had a little time to kill, and playing Halo 3 has come to the rescue.

Big thanks to my parents and Courtney and Mike for inving me to dinner.

I was able to go to the gym and not feel guilty. Since I work quite a bit, and strange hours at that, I do not like leaving Jen with the kids while I go to the gym.

Avery, our dog, does not like being left alone at home all night. She is a snuggler, with no one to snuggle with at night.

I miss talking to my wife. Cell phones calls and text messages are nice. But I love to make her laugh and I want to see the smile.

That is all for now. Time to get back to work.


No comments: