Wednesday, July 29, 2009

20 questions

I use an RSS reader to keep track of my varying interests. I am able to collect information in one place that is automatically updated without having to scour the web every day. I subscribe to various news feeds, Longhorn, Cowboy, Laker, and Dodger feeds as well as many others. A few of the feeds deal with writing and creativity. One of them suggested to answer this list of questions on a somewhat regular basis (monthly, yearly, whatever) to see how your opinions and tastes evolve. I am not sure that I will regularly answer the questions, but here are my answers for today.

1. What is your favorite book?

The Bible. My faith is very important to me. Other than the Bible, my favorite book is Without Remorse by Tom Clancy. A great story of revenge.

2. What is your favorite song?

All time favorite song would be the extra sappy "I love the way you love me" by John Michael Montgomery. Strange, I know. But, the song has a lot of meaning for me in regards to my love for Jen.

3. What is your favorite color?

Burnt Orange, no question.

4. What is your favorite destination?

New York City or Walt Disney World, depending on if the kids are tagging along. The City is such an amazing place to visit. From the train ride into Grand Central Terminal to the Broadway shows to the restaurants to the crazy cab drivers to the museums and the park, what a cool place. Disney World is just non-stop fun. Watching the kids have a blast and not being able to stop smiling is a treat.

5. What is your favorite memory?

Hard to pick just one. For today, my first date with Jennifer. Dinner at Olive Garden and then a movie, The Vanishing, at Point Nasa 6. Then we went out to Sylvan Beach and talked, and I knew that night that she was going to be my wife.

6. What is your favorite TV show?

A few months ago I might have said Jon and Kate + 8, but since it is now Jon minus Kate + 8 or No Jon, just Kate + 8, not so much. Other favorites, The Sopranos, Entourage, The Shield, Grey's Anatomy, and 24 are all great. But today, I would say Army Wives. I know, I will turn in my man card later today.

7. What is your favorite movie?

Heat. Pacino and De Niro. Great movie that may have inspired the bank robbers involved in the North Hollywood Shootout.

8. What is your favorite food?

Green Chili Relleno Little Debbie snack cakes are a close second, but I have to stay away from those.

9. What is your favorite desert?

Oreos. But only a certain way. First, pour a cup of milk. Then put that cup into the freezer for 30-45 minutes. Then place two Oreos at a time into the milk. Let the Oreos absorb some of the very cold milk and then eat with a spoon. Repeat as necessary.

10. What is your favorite treat?

Peanut butter M&Ms

11. What is your favorite car?

My Camry Hybrid of course. Not really, even though I do like the car. Today's choice would be a burnt orange Corvette Z06 coupe.

12. What is your favorite piece of clothing?

Any shirt that shows off the guns. Kidding again. One of my UT national title football shirts.

13. What is your favorite fashion accessory?

Not entirely sure what this question is asking for, do they mean something like my orange special occasion thong underwear? Sorry for the visual. In reality it would be my Alessi leather holster that keeps the heat concealed.

14. What is your favorite perfume?

I am beginning to wonder if these questions were meant for women? Just had a light bulb turning on moment, maybe the question refers to what I like to smell on Jen? Michael Kors.

15. What is your favorite leisure activity?

In an effort to re-claim my man card, I would say hunting. But I would be lying. Playing Halo 3 with Mike is today's choice.

16. Who is your favorite author?

Tom Clancy. Great writer. The Jack Ryan series was outstanding.

17. Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Actor - Denzel Washington, or maybe Edward Norton
Actress - Julia Roberts

18. Who is your favorite singer?

Since Mariah Carey in an unacceptable answer, I will go with Eddie Kowalczyk, the front man for LIVE.

19. Who is your role model?

The Black Mamba. Especially since he won the Finals MVP and earned a ring without Shaq. Actually, Christ is my role model. Might as well strive for perfection.

20. Where is your favorite place to be?

Anywhere with Jen.

Well, that was fun. If the mood strikes you, answer the questions for yourself and post the answers in the comments.

No comments: