Saturday, July 4, 2009

We made it to Cali

I passed out early last night, and woke up late this morning. Thanks Jen.

We left Mesa at 8:15 am and headed west. There were a lot of cars and big rigs on the freeway. Rigs going 60 in the right lane and cars going 80 in the left. Always makes life interesting. Felt like a NASCAR race at a superspeedway. If you got out of the "draft", the left lane, you might get shuffled back a few miles in the right. Huge packs of cars driving 10 feet from each other. At least we did not see the big one that racing fans love, the huge crash.

We stopped for lunch in Palm Springs. At possibly the busiest fast food place on the planet. In-n-out Burger in Palm Springs was unbelieveable. I am a huge fan of their food, Jen tolerates it. Jen is amazed that a place that only sells 4 items is that busy. They only sell burgers, fries, shakes, and other drinks. But they sell a bunch of each. We ordered, and were waiting for a table. I saw a table about to open and Austin walked over to grab it. Austin was about to sit down, but was pushed out of the way by a woman wearing scrubs. This left me in a difficult situation. The woman did not shove him or hurt him, that would have made
my decision much easier. She just slightly pushed/ bumped into him as she slid in the table as he was trying to. Should I confront her and create
a scene in front of about 100 people? I decided to take the high road and wait for another table. I reaffirmed Austin that it was not his fault. Some people are just rude.

By the way, Palm Springs is HOT! I felt like I was in an oven walking on the blacktop to and from the burger joint.

We continued on and made it to Riverside. Austin was in the just redone pool in minutes. We had a nice evening with Phil, Sally, Shawn, Robin, Sydney, and another couple. Now we will help Phil and Sally get ready for the big 4th of July party at their house. Should be fun.

No comments: