Friday, October 16, 2009

More drunks

October is an unusual month for me. It is my birth month and I try to take some time off around my birthday. It also means that I have to take all of my in-service classes in October. The department wants everyone to take their mandatory in-service classes in their birth month to avoid everyone taking them at the end of the training year. That means I miss some work for training and I miss some work for my birthday & Texas vs OU weekend & usually another weekend or two. This does not leave me with very many nights at my regular assignment. I am currently evaluating Joe, and it is going to take 15 calender days to get in 5 evaluation days. He is not happy about it, but he will get over it. My next probationary, Edna is even less excited. She was told that I would be evaluating her and I had to tell her that we would not start until October 22nd.

Last night was day 4 out of 5 with Joe. We started with an attempted robbery at a lesbian bar. A patron was in the parking lot walking toward the bar when she heard someone say "hey". She turned around and was hit in the mouth and thrown to the ground. Her glasses broke and she was dazed. The males went through her pockets while she was on the ground. When she came out of the daze, she got up throwing punches at the males. She connected with one of them, splitting open two knuckels on her hand. I would love to see what his face looks like now. She said "I got him good". Good for her. I bet he comes up with a better story for his fellas than "I was trying to rob some chick and she punched me in the face".

While we were dealing with her, two more lesbians walked up and said "they got me too". What? "The robbers broke into my car". That is quite a leap. "Well they tried to rob her so they must be the ones that broke into my car". These girls must not even watch cop or lawyer shows on tv. Come on. By the way, all of the women were drunk.

Later, we were dispatched to a minor accident. We arrived and found a parked vehicle had been backed into by another vehicle. It seems that another drunk female went to TC's Bar. They refused to serve her because she was so drunk. So, she got mad and then got into her Jetta. She put it in reverse and stomped on the gas. She backed out of the parking lot and across the street before another vehicle got in the way. The owner of the bar heard the crash and ran outside. The female was still in the car. He thought she was going to try and drive off, so he reached in and snatched her keys out of the ignition. The female got out and began pushing her car down the street. She would still be pushing it if she had not pushed it into a drainage ditch. She said that she started drinking at 7:30 in the evening, it was now 2:30 in the morning. She admitted to 3 vodkas and 3 beers. Which means she probably had 6 of each. She could hardly stand. A DWI task force unit came out and took her for us.

While we were waiting for the drunk female's vehicle to be picked up by a tow truck, another drunk nearly ran into us. We got him stopped and luckily the DWI task force unit was still there and loaded him for us as well. Maybe the hot daytime tempertures made everyone extra thirsty tonight. Joe did well and we will finish next Tuesday, after I take a few more days off.


Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from will7079's posterous

No comments: