Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thursday & Friday

I worked Wednesday night and had my extra job Thursday morning. When I got off at 3:30 PM, I went home and loaded up the Hybrid for the trip. I picked up Jen at her school and we headed for Austin. The traffic was not bad. The new lanes on the Katy Freeway seem to have really helped with the traffic out west. We made good time to Austin and checked in at the hotel at 8 PM. We arrived at Chuys at 8:30 and there was a 30 minute wait for a party of two. Crazy. Dinner was excellent as usual at Chuys. We made it back the hotel and crashed early. We were both extremely tired.

The plan for Friday was the San Marcos Outlet Mall. We made it to San Marcus at 11 AM. We picked up fall clothes for Austin and Addy from Gap Kids, Carters, and Gymboree. They should be set for at least a little while. They it was Jen time. This has become a little of a tradition. For the last three years we have been in Austin for a weekend in October. One of those days is always spent at the outlet mall. First stop for Jen was Ann Taylor, her store of choice. She went one way and I another. We each picked out clothes and then she began trying them on. I get some very funny looks from people as I am picking out clothes for her. I get the feeling that there are not many men that pick out their wife's clothes. We found some keepers, dropped them off at the car and went to White House Black Market. We got there at 3 PM and left after 5. Jen was in the dressing room for over an hour. I walked around finding other things and getting other sizes. They had a ton of cool clothes for her. They were all on sale and we had an extra 20% off coupon. Can't beat that. She had a great time.

While at White House I made reservations for Perry's Steakhouse in downtown Austin. It is a gorgeous restaurant. They bought a bank and turned it into a restaurant. They kept the vault and the vault door. It is now a small private room. Very cool. The food was outstanding. I had a cucumber and blueberry martini. Sounds very strange but tasted great. It might have been our best eating out experience. We returned to the hotel and watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. Appropriate movie after a day at the outlet mall.

Posted via email from will7079's posterous

No comments: