Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stories and thoughts from a long weekend

I took a couple of nights off and enjoyed a long weekend with the family. I was off from Friday morning until Tuesday night. Jen had to work on Friday, she is normally off, so I took care of Addy. On Fridays, Addy takes gymnastics at the Little Gym at 11:15 in the morning. Watching her from outside the gym was strange. When I used to take Addy to gymnastics every Monday, it was a parent & child class. I was inside doing the activities with her. I had done the same thing with Austin when he was her age. Sitting outside is fine, but I am forced to talk to the other parents. I managed.

After class, Jen takes Addy to Wendys for lunch. Madison and her mother Anitra usually join them. This Friday I decided to do the same thing. As soon as we walked into Wendys, Addy and Madison bolted into the women's restroom. Addy was inside before I had a chance to stop her. I looked at Anitra and she said we always go and wash hands as soon as we get here. So Anitra handed me baby Olivia and went into the restroom to help the girls wash hands. During lunch, Addy decided that she needed to use the restroom. Anitra offered to take her. Madison decided to go as well. I was handed baby Olivia again and off they went. They returned and Anitra looked a little harried. I asked if Addy had been a problem, and she said that Addy was fine but Madison decided to crawl on the floor of the restroom while Anitra was tending to Addy. Yuck. Time to bathe in antibacterial gel. After they finished eating, the girls got up and began walking around inside Wendys. I again looked to Anitra and she said that they always do this after eating. I was glad that Addy was not trying to pull one over on me. Addy likes her routine.

Austin had another flag football game on Saturday. During the game, one of Austin's teammates broke free and was running down the sideline by the team bench. Austin was so excited that he jumped off the bench, ran onto the field and encouraged his teammate to score. His teammate actually ran between Austin and the sideline. His team won. They are undefeated. During the team huddle after the game Austin said "this is the best team I have ever been on". He was correct. 


It was a great football Saturday. The Horns won and the Aggies lost by 48! Saturday was the annual Texas vs Oklahoma game at the State Fair of Texas. This year's game was ugly. The first half consisted of turnovers and penalties. The second half had a little more scoring, but more turnovers as well. Both defenses played great. A good friend at church that went to OU asked me if I was actually proud of the three point win. He said that OU lost their quarterback, tight end, and had more yards that the Horns. I said "Well, I would rather be 6-0 than 3-3 and ranked #3 in the country rather than unranked, so I guess I am proud." He did not have a response.

Other things:

I am a sucker for iPhone applications. I have a bunch and I am always looking for more.

I am the world to my son. He absolutely adores me. He told me on Monday that "he did not like men's night out" because it took me away from home in the evening.  I sure hope that he always feels that way and that I live up to his expectations. 

Mike and I used to talk a lot about football. Now, we talk about football some, but mostly about technology. What does that say about us? (no comment Jen and Courtney)

I was great having the men's night out of a Sunday school class from a Baptist Church at a Pub.

In an hour Monday evening at a pumpkin patch, I took 1.9 gigabytes of photos. Wow. They are already up on Flickr.  

We are changing maid services again. It is tough and probably impossible to find someone that does as good of a job as Jen and I, mostly Jen. But is it asking too much to vacuum the ENTIRE house every week?

I am excited when Apple announces new products. I need help!





   

No comments: