Friday, September 18, 2009

7 Random facts

1. I do not like to touch my food with my fingers. I can not stand for my hands to feel greasy. For example, I will eat pizza, nachos, french fries, and even burgers with a knife and fork.

2. When I was in grade school, I did not like to read or write. Not good. The first real book that I read cover to cover was Cruel and Unusual by Patricia Cornwell while I was in graduate school. Cliff Notes were my friend in high school. Graduate school is also where I got over my dislike of writing.

3. For my Masters Degree Thesis, I studied the custodial death records for the state of Texas. Custodial death means a death that happens while in the custody of the state or police. For example, if someone is shot and killed by the police, that is classified as a custodial death. I wanted to see if race was a factor in custodial deaths in Texas. Turns out that it is not a factor, at least not a statistically significant factor. This was based upon comparing the custodial deaths to violent crime statistics.

4. I had a bowl haircut until I was in high school. Then I had the sides and the back of my head cut short with clippers while the top was longer and hung partially over the clipped area. It is now called an undercut. My father hated it.

5. On Tuesday I am starting a new extra job. I will be doing residential security on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the wealthiest couple in Houston.

6. While I was in middle school, I enjoyed jumping off of the 10 meter platform at the local pool. It was a long climb up the steps to the top. Looking down, it seemed like 50 feet rather than 32 feet since you could look straight down to the bottom of the pool. I do not think that I would do that again.

7. I would love to go bungee jumping from a bridge into a gorge. Something like this. Who wants to come with me?

 

No comments: